Subject: Re: Slow LW 4.0/4.1 for Amiga
From: Ed Hoffmann <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 18:00:36 -0500

I heard that a new C compiler was coming from a developer in Europe 
(don't remember who...) with full 060 support, etc. Don't anything about 
speed, optimization, etc.
------------------------------------  my sig!  ------------------------------
|   I brew the beer I drink!   #   No animals were harmed in the testing of |
|Ohio Valley Amiga Users Group #      this sig  -  save the mock turtle!    |
|  http://www.ovaug.org        #  http://goodnews.net/members/ehoffman/web  |

On Tue, 23 Jan 1996, Ken VanBrocklin wrote:

> Steve Bowie wrote:
> >For my part, I'm REALLY disappointed......in my innocence, I'd actually
> >been hoping for a little increase :(
> > 
> >This would be acceptable IF NewTek was to say that as soon as a suitable
> >040/060 compiler for the Amiga appears, 4.0 will be recompiled and made
> >available at a very reasonable cost.

> From what I heard at the VTU expo during Allen and Stuart's open discussion, 
> they would indeed recompile LW for the Amiga if and when the compiler became 
> available.